What and why we process data
1. When you use the website and/or services, we process personal data relating to you:
- When? Use of Services, use of Website
- Which? Identification data
- Why (purpose)? Processing of application
- Legal basis? Justified interest
- When is this done? Contacting us, registering for the newsletter, requesting a quote
- Which data? Identification details
- Why (purpose)? Sending related information and supplements
- Legal basis? Permission
- When is it required? Application
- Which ones? Identification data, CV & motivation
- Why (purpose)? Application procedure
- Legal basis? Justified interest
2. In principle, we obtain the personal data mentioned above directly from you. In addition to the above, we may also process your personal data:
- To provide you with information about products and services that you request in a personalised and efficient manner, either through the website, email, telephone or social media channels.
- To process your personal data so that we can provide a correct service.
- For direct marketing purposes, i.e. to provide you with targeted communications, promotions, offers and other advertisements from us or our selected partners. For this, we will ask your permission.
- To perform statistical analysis to improve our Website and/or Services, or to develop new products or services.
- To provide to a financial institution or payment service provider, to enable your bank and the payment service provider to fulfil their obligations.
- To transfer to the police or judicial authorities as evidence of possible crimes or if there is reasonable suspicion of an unlawful act or crime committed through your registration with or use of the Website or the Services.
- In the context of a possible merger with, acquisition of/by or demerger by a third party, even if that third party is located outside the EEA.
3. If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services may be considered (a) a breach of the Terms and Conditions or of our proprietary rights, (b) a threat to the security or integrity of our services, (c) a danger to the Website or Services or our or our subcontractors' systems from viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any way illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or offensive, we may process your data for the benefit of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
Who we share your information with
1. We may use third party processors to provide you with the best possible website. We ensure that third party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf and upon our written instructions.
2. We will not transmit your personal data in an identifiable manner to third parties if this is not required to provide the services, without your express consent.
3. We may transfer anonymised data to other organisations who may use this data to improve products and services and to customise the marketing, presentation and sale of products and services.
Where we process data
1. We and our third party processors will process your identifiable personal data only within the European area.
2. We may transfer your anonymised data to organisations outside the European area. If such a transfer takes place, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to guarantee the security and integrity of your personal data, and that all rights in relation to personal data that you may enjoy under applicable law are guaranteed.
How we process data
1. We will use our best endeavours to only process your personal data which is necessary to achieve the purposes set out in this policy. We will process your personal data in a lawful and transparent manner. We will also do our utmost to keep the personal data accurate and up to date.
2. Your personal data will only be processed until such time as you withdraw your consent to its processing. This withdrawal of consent may imply that you are no longer able to use all or part of the website services. If you have registered with our website, we will delete your personal data when you delete your profile, unless a legal or regulatory obligation or a court or administrative order would prevent it.
3. We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data secure against unauthorised access or theft and against accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our staff or staff of our third party processors is only possible on a need-to-know basis and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
Your rights regarding personal data
1. You have the right to request access to all personal data that we process about you. However, requests for access which are manifestly made for the purpose of causing inconvenience or damage to us will not be entertained.
2. You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If you have registered on our website, you can correct many of these details yourself via your profile. If such a request is made, you must also include with it evidence that the personal data for which correction is requested is incorrect.
3. You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent to the processing of your personal data. This can be done by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
4. Instead of deletion, you can also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the correctness of these data, (b) the processing is unlawful or (c) the data are no longer necessary for the stated purposes, but you need them to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
5. You have the right to object to the processing of data if you can demonstrate that there are serious and legitimate reasons relating to special circumstances which justify such an objection. However, if the intended processing is qualified as direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing free of charge and without justification.
6. When your personal data are processed on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means, you may receive your provided personal data in a structured format.
7. If you wish to make a request to exercise one or more of the rights set out above, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated and signed, and be accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your identity card. If the request proves to be justified, we will comply with it as soon as reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the request.
8. If you have any problem with the processing of your personal data by us, you can always contact us. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may file a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Privacy Commission.